Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Never fails . . .



10 new ones every other day or so. . . We planted way too many this year. Most of our neighbors and friends we always rely on for taking some are getting tired of our weekly phone calls. "Don't answer honey, it's just that crazy family trying to get rid of their vegetables again."
Anyone out there we are missing???? If we know you and you haven't had your fill of zucchini please leave us a comment and we would be more than happy to get some to you. We may have to buy a shed or something just for zucchini storage.
The ginormous one wasn't photoshopped in any way. It is almost as big as Cal. I don't think it will be very tasty. Not sure any of them are after two solid months. We have even had nights of main dish of z with a side of z that is how desperate I am to get rid of them.
Here are some other pictures of an equally abundant item from our garden. We spent several days harvesting, peeling, chopping, and freezing these. Cal helped by eating so many that I thought he would turn orange. I didn't ever realize how much he liked them. Cammie mostly played in the mud but she did go to sleep that night, and many nights since, with her rendition of "Good Night Carrots".




10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dang, what is in the soil over on your side of town? I've never seen such a bountious harvest from a suburban plot of land...maybe you should start and organic food stand out on Smoky Hill road! We haven't had our fill of zucchini, but that's probably because we haven't seen you since the beginning of the month!

Steph

jksfam said...

Thanks for sharing some with me! That's a lot of carrots. I was wondering about his coloring the other day, but didn't want to say anything - just kidding!

Kristy Graff said...

We looove getting frech veggies from you guys! Thanks!

Sarah said...

Oh my, you have your hands full with that, too bad we don't live nearby or we would take some, good thing your kids like them.

NYCmom said...

wow! That is awesom. I wish we lived closer...I just bought some zucchini and carrots last night for minestroni. Looks like fun though! I bet the kids love picking.

Laurie said...

Are you kidding me...that is the most amazing garden! It makes our tiny tomatos look even more pathetic. I wish we lived closer so we could reap some of the benefits from your garden. I'll have to show Jeff this post, he'll be so jealous! Ha.

Debbie said...

Holy Cow. You really know how to produce some great produce! I wish we could take advantage of the plentiful bounty. You'll have to give me some pointers next year, we have a garden plot all ready to plant - I'm a little scared! Love you guys, love your kids!
Deb

Green Montana said...

I would LOVE some of your veggies! Wish we were closer to you to take advantage of the beautiful growth. You are quite the green thumbs!

Anonymous said...

OH My! That is a ton of carrots!

Devony said...

I just found your blog and cannot believe how many veggies you had! How big is your garden? Oh, a thought for next year - we like to use sliced zucchini in lots of stir-fry type dishes and I guess you can freeze it and store it for awhile sliced up to use in the winter months. Maybe that will get rid of 1 or 2 for you? ;)