Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just Today

Today Cammie did one of her favorite things -- she helped me cook. Okay 2 of her favorite things because cooking to her also involves making a mess!




Here is what we made.


These are awesome. The recipe is from http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2008/09/vanilla-pudding-cinnamon-rolls-with.html . I have been trying for years, okay more like once or twice a year for about 4 years now, to make good cinnamon rolls. They are always okay but they have never tasted like these!
My favorite moment of the day was watching my two bathed, pajama-ed kids and my sweet husband eating cinnamon rolls outside on our deck in the dark. I would have taken a picture but it was really too dark. Followed closely by Cal telling me at bedtime that he was going to wake up and have one for breakfast tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those do look really good. I think I have an idea for dinner, now. Sounds like a great day.

jksfam said...

YUM!!! Do you have any left? (Just kidding!) I'm sure I wouldn't have any left here - just 'cause I'm like that (and my body shows it :( ). I will be sure to try the recipe, though!

Eric said...

They were absolutely delicious. It's true, I wouldn't post this otherwise :-) I'm glad Cameron home teaches us. Thanks!

Debbie said...

Me and the kids made some 2 weeks ago, didn;t turn out so great. I'll have to try these!

alli coleman said...

ooohhhhhh, they were delicious!! Thank you so much for sending some with Cameron on Sunday. Best Home Teacher ever. :) And, I've also been unsuccessfully attempting to make cinnamon rolls for a few years. I'm so happy to have this great recipe!!! Hopefully I can make them as well as you did!

Stephanie said...

Hmmm...I'm filing this away for Sept 1, 2009 :-) Love the intent look on Cammie's face.

Steph