Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fight Night

So Cameron and I had a date night about a month ago that I promised some friends I would blog about. Finally learned how to get pics off my cell phone so here goes . . .

We first went to an awesome dinner at Jing's with friends and out for ice cream. Cam kept telling me that we had plenty of time to make it to the fight but I like to be on time so I stressed. We did get to the fight around 9:30, with plenty of time to see the main event and 6 or 7 fights before that. Of course we had no idea that mixed martial arts fighting actually takes place at huge events like this in Denver. We had tickets on the second row in the lower corner - a little close for me. I had to look away several times but as Cam kept reminding me, "No one is forcing them to go in there."


One of Cam's patients fought in the main event so that is how we were invited to go. When she took the ring she flashed the red, white, and blue mouth guard that Cameron made for her -- he was so proud! Then she demolished her oponent. Her fight was called in less than a minute due to severity of punches thrown.


1 comment:

The Dixon Family said...

Yes! I've been waiting to read about this!!! I was actually a little disappointed that our conversation at dinner that night didn't persuade you to jump in the ring during "amateur hour".