Don't adjust your monitors. That handsome man in uniform is looking a wee bit green. This is following Cam's once-in-a-lifetime adventure. He took the day off from his real job to be a fighter pilot for a day. I found this really cool company out of Centennial airport that flies Warbird T-34A aircraft. Can you believe they actually let this guy control the plane?!? He had a quick training session on stalls, rolls, dives, etc and off he went into the wild blue yonder. As soon as they landed, the kids and I ran over for a few photos (just a few as the wind kicked up and the temperature dropped).



Callahan loved that Dad flew in the little yellow plane and, as you can see, couldn't take his eyes off the plane for a picture. These are my guys with the actual pilot.
As he climbed into the passenger seat, I think he may have actually said, "Show me the way home, honey"! Then off he was to his dark, quiet room to try and get his head unscrambled.
Cam is thinking he may have to try again (just to see if he can keep his stomach contents this time) but has totally ruled out flying lessons (mission accomplished!).
6 comments:
Yes, but did he buzz the tower? He's only a true pilot if he does that. I think I'll start calling him Goose.
Awesome. Cameron is my new hero.
I finally found your blog. Yea! Wow. That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Way to go Cameron-Rick is jealous.
Wow...that looks so awesome! I know Jake would KILL to do something like that. Sorry you got sick...hopefully it was worth it!
Hmmm...Maybe I'll teach Cal "Danger Zone" from Top Gun so he can serenade you next time you go. So cool!
Wow! That is so awesome, a chance of a lifetime. Josh would love to do that. You'll have to give me the details when I see you in April. I really enjoy viewing your blog.
Lindsey
Hi Cam and Kelly - we just checked out your blog and it looks like you guys are doing great. Hope you guys are still enjoying Denver. Take care! Megan and Eric
Post a Comment